At the Center for Interventional Medicine, we strive to provide our patients with the most advanced, minimally invasive treatments performed using radiologic guidance, under the direction of a skilled and compassionate staff, in a safe setting.
Using the latest technology, our centers offer a broad range of minimally invasive outpatient treatments performed under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation. Patients are given the personalized attention and the time needed to have all of their questions answered and calm any apprehensions they may have.
The minimally invasive techniques used by our staff are often alternatives to open surgical procedures, and provide numerous advantages, such as:
- No large incisions are needed and general anesthesia is not required.
- There is less risk, less pain and a shorter recovery time.
- We have a very low complication rate and a very high success rate.
- The patient is able to return home the same day.
- The procedures are usually less expensive than surgery or other alternatives.
Procedures include treatments for varicose veins, spider veins, uterine fibroids (uterine fibroid embolization), peripheral arterial disease, back pain, compression fractures of the spine, and others. Call us today to schedule a free screening for any of our procedures at a CFIM office in northern Virginia (convenient to Springfield, Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, Woodbridge) or Maryland (convenient to Waldorf, La Plata, Clinton).